Interventional cardiology refers to diagnostic and non-surgical treatments of the heart. Cardiac procedures are used to diagnose and treat many types of heart disease. Stanford's interventional cardiology is a world leader in percutaneous coronary revascularization, which restores blood flow to the heart when its vessels are damaged or blocked. Each year, the staffs of the Invasive and Interventional Cardiology Section see thousands of patients with almost all types of heart disease. Our workers treat people of all ages who suffer from severe, sometimes fatal, heart disease.
- Track 1-1 Invasive cardiology
- Track 2-2 Nonsurgical interventional treatments
- Track 3-3 Cardiac angioplasty
- Track 4-4 Carotid stenting
- Track 5-5 Percutaneous mitral valve repair